Thursday, September 14, 2006

428

my truck shall soon be laid to waste.

as much as i love the look and feel of trucks i simply cant afford to pay for gas that grants me twelve miles per gallon. every time i fill the tank i watch in horror as the meter surpasses 80 fat ones.

i feel like a british lad must feel when the petrol gauge beckons. gasoline has been about a gadillion dollars a liter in europe since man first enjoyed the benefits of bipedal locomotion. the only hummer youll see in england will be on a videotape marked "adults only."

i think i might go ahead and purchase a toyota prius hybrid. besides getting 55 or so highway miles per gallon i will receive a tax leniency come the fifteenth of april. a full ten gallon tank of gas in a prius allows a ridiculous seven hundred miles of distance; my dodge ram, on the other hand, takes me three hundred miles for every twenty-six gallon tank.

aint that a bitch?

i think ill miss the roar of my engine the most. i have taken so many awesome, noctural road trips with nothing but the sound and fury of eight combustion-fired pistons to placate my weathered body. the soothing drone never failed me.

i will also pine for the joys of blowing everyone away on snowy nights with four wheel drive. adorning my 4wd shift is a silver skull with crimson eyes in its sunken sockets. as soon as i yanked on the macabre gearshift and felt all four tires munch the pavement i knew my truck was ready to plow through the gates of hell.

i could drag a house through the mountains with good old george.

1 Comments:

Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

May George RIP...my "spot" RX-7...went to the big junkyard in the sky....

I know this may sound stupid...but I loved that fucking car....still miss him.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home