Sunday, November 19, 2006

388

i was about to mail allstate my $690 dollar, 6-month car insurance premium when i figured hey, what the fuck, why not see what geico has to offer before forking over the beans.

i understand that i have a new car and i know that im a male, unmarried, relatively young driver but ive never been involved in an accident, ive never received a speeding ticket and ive never reported any damage to any vehicle ive ever driven.

ive never even received a parking ticket from an obese, minority, clipboard-wielding, gum-chewing, surly, grinch meter maid wearing a concomitantly baggy and snug black civil service uniform.

i navigated to geico's intuitively interfaced website, supplied the requisite information, matched my current liability, collision and comprehensive coverages dollar for dollar and clicked on the "give me a quote" button.

$325.

are you fucking kidding me, you allstate pigfucker louisville slugger jailhouse sister insurance plunderers? ive been a customer for eleven years, ive never asserted a single claim and you wanted to charge me more than double the amount a competitor to which i had no loyalty offered me following a five minute questionnaire?

what a cohort of blue mascara floozies.

the disparity between allstate's and geico's respective offers took another unanticipated twist:

i doubled my liability coverages and reduced all my deductibles by 50% and geico's quote increased by an almost comically paltry fifty-five bucks. i even got roadside assistance thrown in the package for good measure.

the choice was clearer than a boston marathon runner's pre-race piss.

i placed a call to allstate:

"good evening this is jim how may i help you?"

"i would like to cancel my policy effective november 30th."

"can i discuss some rate options or quotes with you to keep you as a customer, sir?"

"nope."


geico.

15 minutes saved me 15% or more.

4 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

i have allstate..
maybe i should cancel also.

9:28 AM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

i have allstate too! they might be losing alot of customers after that post.

11:02 PM  
Blogger megaton said...

my father has been insured through allstate since the early 70's.

i told him about my experience and he decided to give geico a call. in addition to getting quotes for his two cars he also got a quote for a 3 million dollar umbrella policy which is a million more than he currently has from allstate.

geico's total package quote is $800 less.

3:16 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

Been a proud Geico policyholder for years...until now. About to switch to Amica. I have the same clean driving record, and Amica quoted me a hundred below Geico.

Tell Sammy Hagar, it pays to drive in the right lane sometimeskiajc

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home