Friday, July 14, 2006

482

i ate at a brazilian, all-you-can-eat steakhouse this evening with four friends who all weigh well over two hundred pounds. at 230, i was only the third biggest boy at the table; rest assured some serious eating transpired.

i triumphantly announce that i handily outlasted everybody at the table. i felt it was incumbent upon me as an insatiable american to eat as much as i possibly could for as long as i possibly could.

mission accomplished.

even after i flipped my marker to the red side, (indicating that i no longer wished to be served), the "gaucho," no doubt sensing my penchant for gluttony, kept returning to me with a cornucopia of delicious, skewered, fire-roasted meats including lamb, filet mignon, bacon wrapped tenderloin, skirt steak, pork tenderloin and sausage.

holy fucking shit did i eat myself halfway to the merry land of atherosclerotica.

i also indulged in a decadent, cream-based papaya pudding -- a professed brazilian delicacy -- mixed with some sort of vanilla liqueur for dessert. might i mention it was an outstanding culmination to the kind of meal that would make even the most progressive rabbi wince?

as my arterial plaque continues to aggregate...

2 Comments:

Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

I'm sorry...did someone say papaya pudding?

Did they ask you if you wanted to super size that?

Yep, that's America.

At least we have the option.

4:34 AM  
Blogger megaton said...

i feel shame for leaving an all-you-can-eat joint without having to loosen my belt eight or nine notches.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home